Check Out My Most Popular Posts!!!

Monday, September 30, 2013

On My Hair Journey....AGAIN!!

Hey guys I'm finally back. I know it's been a while. Actually it's been over a year. Been having lot of things going on. Sad to say that I have fallen off my routine but I think it turned out for the best. I last posted in August 2012 and at that time my hair was really thriving so in January I decided to wear braids. I wore them from January to June. I redid them once during that time. I have photos that I will post of them. So I removed the braids and wore my hair straight up until like the 14th of September. My last relaxer was on August  23rd so I won't be getting one for a while. So around the 14th I washed and conditioned my hair and decided that to keep so much heat off my hair I would wear some protective styles. the first week I curled my hair with foam rollers. It turned out okay. So the next the week I decided to go for pin curls. They came out so cute for a first try. So this past weekend I came up with a new routine that I feel is a lot easier and better for my hair because I won't be messing in it all the time. So after I washed my hair and everything I did a flexi rod set. It came out so nice but next time I think I'll use smaller rods. Since the curls didn't hold over night I decided to do a bantu knot out. It's really cute if you like short hair but I wasn't really feeling it. I'll try this style again only when my hair has grown out. So this is my current style for hopefully the rest of this week but I'm not sure. One other thing...While I wore my braids I made sure that I kept my scalp and hair clean with waterless shampoo from my beauty supply store. Don't buy the dollar store brand because it does flake up on you terribly. I also kept my hair oiled and moisture. Follow these tips and your hair will grow in braids. Til next time....Holla!!!

Foam Roller Set



Pin Curls




Flexi Rod Set




Bantu Knot Out

1 comment:

  1. Those styles came out really nice. I am scared to wear my hair out while it's short. I am just starting my hair journey.

    ReplyDelete