Check Out My Most Popular Posts!!!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hair Journey "1 Month" Update

Wednesday August 8, 2012

Hey everybody! Well, actually  today is Wednesday so Sunday was actually my one month point  but to be honest I lost track of time. I was thinking that the 7th was going to be on this Friday ...lol but anyway my hair journey is going great. I'm really enjoying it. I've learned so much from myself and different hair websites. Now that I'm keeping my hair in check I don't look forward to a relaxer as much because my hair isn't drying out and looking pathetic. I've been keeping my hair moisturized and I make sure I protect my hair with a wrap or two...lol at bed time. My hair looks well taken care of and I'm so proud of myself. I even had people tell me how healthy looking my hair has gotten in this short period of time.
As far as growth, it's growing about 1/2 inch a month but the back seems to be growing fast than the front. I don't know why but if anyone has that answer please comment below. I don't believe I even mentioned it in my first posts but my goal length right now is neck length but I eventually hope to get to mid back length but I'm taking baby steps. The way things are going so far I don't think I will have much of a problem reaching my goals.
I believe the number one most exciting thing I have noticed on my journey is that the patch in the back of my hair where I had so much breakage, it is now just growing out of control. So, I may be doing some things not exactly right but I am definitely doing a lot of things right and I am very happy with how I am progressing. 
Right now, the only two products that I haven't tried that I really really really want to purchase is Coconut Oil and the Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I've heard so many good things about these two products. I also plan to buy the so popular Argan Oil. I absolutely want to try this stuff and as soon as I try these products I will be posting about them.
For those of you who are following my castor oil challenge for my edges, I am still doing those applications and I will have an update on that at the end of this month.
The closer it gets to relaxer time I am getting a little anxious to see my new length but when I do a length check you will be the first to know. Below I have posted a photo of the new growth that has grown in from July 5 to the present. Thanks for reading and chat with you later.





1 comment:

  1. Just stopping by your blog to show love. I look forward to keeping up with your journey. Follow my progress on blutifulblaqhair.blogspot.com

    HHG!

    ReplyDelete